Delaware Ecumenical Council on Children and Families
“Where Caring, Service, and Faith Meet…”
We are a faith-based health advocacy,
education and services organization.
We engage, support and assist congregations, the greater faith community, groups and individuals, and the community-at-large, with meaningful programs to improve the health, safety and wellness of Delaware children, elderly and families.
Community Services We Provide
- Quality training to religious leaders and their congregations, and communities on health-related issues from health and wellness, chronic disease prevention and management, and other issues affecting our neighbors.
- Links congregations with health and human services organizations throughout Delaware for collaborative programs which provide effective and efficient approaches to family, elderly, and children’s health in areas of: Prevention, Early Intervention and Therapy.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Our Faith In Action program provides volunteer services to the elderly and persons with disabilities that assist with them remaining as independent as possible i.e. transportation to medical visits, errands, etc.
HEARTFELT GREETINGS – 2023
Help us keep those who may experience a sense of social isolation stay in contact with their loved ones this holiday season. Heartfelt Greetings is collecting new/unused boxed sets of Holiday or blank greeting cards to distribute to our elderly (65+ years old) or disabled neighbors across Delaware. Many of them don’t have family/friends living in our area. Participants can either send cards to their loved ones, or anonymously to patients at local Veterans hospitals. Most of us probably already have cards we intended to send last year but didn’t.
How Can You Help?
- Submit names of persons to receive boxed cards and participate in The Never Alone Project
- Donate or coordinate the collection of boxed cards (12-20 cards/box) from your house of worship, organization, or community
- Donate funds towards gifts of postage stamps
- Volunteer to assist with collecting bulk donations or distribute cards to participants
THE DEADLINE FOR ALL DONATIONS IS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2023
For More Information… New Castle County – (302) 225-1040 or (302) 898-4983
Kent and Sussex Counties – (302) 650-8984
Northern Kent County – (302) 650-8868
Thank you for making this a Caring and Sharing Holiday Season!
The Never Alone Project
Providing friendly support to our delaware elderly and disabled neighbors who may be feeling socially isolated due to covid-19 pandemic and other life factors.
Social isolation and loneliness have gradually become contributing factors to increased illness among elderly, disabled, and chronically ill persons. This has become intensified as we are now facing the COVID-19 pandemic. Through this project, Delaware Ecumenical Council on Children and Families (DECCF) will promote resilience by establishing new, and supporting existing relationships with clients, caregivers, and families.
Volunteers Needed ASAP!
Your Neighbors in Wilmington, New Castle, Kent, and Sussex Counties of Delaware need your assistance to help them maintain their independence. Any time you can spare to provide a ride to medical visits, errands, or light tasks around the home, would be greatly appreciated. Please help us to support our senior and disabled neighbors.
Call our office to volunteer for the FAITH IN ACTION Program, or for more information (302) 225-1040.
Subscribe To News Updates
By signing up for our mailing list, we will have the pleasure of keeping you informed about the great things our team is doing to assist and support our neighbors across the State of Delaware.